Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
From Chinese Cuisine. Another gorgeous photo and recipe I'm planning on trying this week with all our cold weather!
- Cut the beef into 1 and 1/2" pieces.
- Blanch the beef in boiling water.
- Remove and drain.
- Transfer the beef to a deep pot.
- Add 12 c water ad bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and cook for 1 hour or until the liquid is reduced to 3/4 its original amount.
- Cut carrot, potato, brown onion and tomato into 1/2" pieces.
- Cut the cabbage into large squares.
- Place carrot, potato, brown onion, tomato and cabbage in the pot.
- Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Add cooking wine (or sherry) soy sauce and salt.
- Palce in a large bowl and serve.
I actually have this exact recipe in one of my chinese cookbooks. It sounds strange, but it was delicious. Homey and soothing. My boys loved it!