1/3 Photos of Lo Mein Like Evergreen
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
My fave Chinese restaurant has the BEST lo mein I ever put across my lips. It's simple, cheap, and very filling if you need that kinda dish. This can be made for literally pennies and everyone will appreciate this because it can be dressed up or dressed down. Cook and prep times approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, any kind, because you won't need the packet
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (I use the jar kind to save time)
- sesame oil (1-2 shakes)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 5 baby carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon creamy peanut butter
- 1Break noodles and boil in water for three minutes. Do not add seasoning packet. Drain when done and set aside in serving bowl.
- 2Immediately return pot to stove over med. heat. Add oils, soy sauce, carrots, garlic, onion, and peanut butter. Stir well and let cook for just a few seconds with a fork.
- 3Toss noodles back in and stir to coat; make sure noodles are well-coated and blended well with the garlic and veggies. Return to serving bowl and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lo Mein Like Evergreen
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.8
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3807.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 14.9 g