We always loved Lemon Chicken in Chinese restaurants and my cousin found this recipe which is at least as good as the Lemon Chicken you find in most restaurants. It is sweet and tangy and is great served with rice or Chinese noodles and stir-fried vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dip chicken pieces into 2 beaten eggs.
- 2Mix cornstarch, salt and pepper and dip the chicken in the cornstarch mixture.
- 3Fry in small amount of oil in frying pan.
- 4Put into a casserole dish.
- 5Make sauce: Saute the lemon and onion in the oil until onion is soft.
- 6Add the sugar, vinegar, and pineapple juice.
- 7In a separate bowl, mix the corn starch, water, and soy sauce, then add to the sauce.
- 8Cook until clear and thick.
- 9Pour on chicken in the casserole dish.
- 10Cover and cook at 300 for 30 minutes or until done.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken, Chinese Style
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.2
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 214.7 mg
- Sodium 396.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 39.6 g