Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I grabbed this recipe from a Uwajimaya mailer which was celebrating the Year of the Boar.
Make and share this Lemon Chicken (Chinese Style) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (japanese bread crumbs)
- 3 cups oil (for frying)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 dash salt
- Cut chicken in half and pound to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Rub chicken with garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Coat chicken with flour, dip in beaten egg and press on panko.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees F, turning once or twice until golden brown on both sides.
- Combine sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
- To serve, cut chicken into bite size pieces and pour sauce over.
Great little recipe here. I didn't use as much oil to fry and still came out great. The white pepper sure gives a nice punch.
This tasted fantastic! The lemon sauce was better than any I've ever eaten. The panko crumbs were awesome on the chicken. I cut nugget sized chunks of chicken and really loved the crunch. I'm a novice fryer so I ended up with 5 different colors of chicken, cream, tan, toasted coconut, golden brown and charred :)) DH hates Chinese food and polished this off with two thumbs up. Thank you! Update 6-3-10 I made this for a 2nd time with MUCH better results! I bought a mini-deep fryer and the chicken came out beautiful... photo to come :)
I agree, very good lemon sauce!