I grabbed this recipe from a Uwajimaya mailer which was celebrating the Year of the Boar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (japanese bread crumbs)
- 3 cups oil (for frying)
- 1Cut chicken in half and pound to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 2Rub chicken with garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- 3Coat chicken with flour, dip in beaten egg and press on panko.
- 4Deep fry at 350 degrees F, turning once or twice until golden brown on both sides.
- 5Combine sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 6To serve, cut chicken into bite size pieces and pour sauce over.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Chicken (Chinese Style)
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1926.8
- Calories from Fat 1617
- Total Fat 179.6 g
- Saturated Fat 25.7 g
- Cholesterol 139.3 mg
- Sodium 347.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 36.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & pepper