1/3 Photos of Kung Pow! Chicken
Sesame oil really adds to this Kung Pao Chicken recipe. Not for the faint of heart!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 egg white
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chinese chili paste with garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 4 green onions, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1In a small bowl, combine chicken with egg white and 3 teaspoons of the cornstarch, toss to coat.
- 2In another bowl, blend chili paste, soy sauce, sherry, vinegar, broth, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, and sesame oil. Set sauce aside.
- 3Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir fry until it separates and turns white, about 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- 4Fry the peanuts in the oil over medium heat until they are golden brown, about 3 minutes. (You may need to add a bit more oil). Remove and drain.
- 5Remove all but 2 tablespoons oil from the pan, stir fry onions, garlic and hot pepper for 30 seconds. Add chicken, and stir fry over high heat 1 minute.
- 6Add the sauce, stir fry until heated through and thickened. Add peanuts and stir.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kung Pow! Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.4
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 732.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 35.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili paste with garlic