Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
A classic, and a snap to put together.
Make and share this Kung Pao Chicken with Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 5 green onions, chopped (both white and green)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup salted peanuts
- freshly steamed rice
- Blend water, soy sauce, cornstarch, Sherry and sugar in bowl, set aside.
- Toss chicken with 1 tblsp cornstarch to coat.
- Heat 2 tblsps oil in wok over high heat.
- Add chilies and cook until blackened, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring frequently, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove chicken using slotted spoon.
- Set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tblsps oil to wok.
- Add green onions, garlic and ginger and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add broccoli and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Stir sauce and add to wok.
- Cover and cook until sauce is thickened and broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes more.
- Mix in chicken and peanuts and heat.
- Serve with rice.
This was really wonderful tasting! I liked this recipe so much that if I could I would give you more then 5 stars. I will make this again. Thanks evelyn/athens....
evelyn/athens : This was my "DARE" recipe I choose : Iam glad I did it was very easy to make and the family hope that I will make it agian!! I made it as printed ~ except a tad more on the garlic~ but that's just me! The chicken melted in my mouth & everything else cooked to my liking~ Great Taste and it will be on my menu agian! THANKS FOR THE DARE!!~POKER~
Great and easy recipe! Very flavorful, and the broccoli was a nice touch for balanced meal. Thanks for sharing! Culinary Quest '14