1/2 Photos of Kung Pao Chicken with Broccoli
A classic, and a snap to put together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 5 green onions, chopped (both white and green)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- freshly steamed rice
- 1Blend water, soy sauce, cornstarch, Sherry and sugar in bowl, set aside.
- 2Toss chicken with 1 tblsp cornstarch to coat.
- 3Heat 2 tblsps oil in wok over high heat.
- 4Add chilies and cook until blackened, about 2 minutes.
- 5Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring frequently, 1-2 minutes.
- 6Remove chicken using slotted spoon.
- 7Set aside.
- 8Add remaining 2 tblsps oil to wok.
- 9Add green onions, garlic and ginger and stir-fry 1 minute.
- 10Add broccoli and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- 11Stir sauce and add to wok.
- 12Cover and cook until sauce is thickened and broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes more.
- 13Mix in chicken and peanuts and heat.
- 14Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kung Pao Chicken with Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 817.5
- Calories from Fat 528
- Total Fat 58.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1641.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 44.5 g