I adapted this recipe from the back of the package of wonton wrappers. They can be a little "putsy" to make, but SO good - I get asked to make them again & again! Be creative with the meats & veggies - chicken or shrimp will work. Add any other firm veggies you have on hand - celery, beans sprouts, water chestnuts, etc. You can make these ahead & just reheat for guests. Enjoy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground lean pork
- 1 cup cabbage (finely chopped)
- 3 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 (3 inch) package square wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- chicken broth (for steaming)
- 1Combine first 8 ingredients (pork thru sesame oil).
- 2Lay several wonton wrappers on a flat surface and place 1 tsp of filling in the center of wrapper.
- 3(Do a few at a time so wrappers don't dry out).
- 4Make a paste of constarch& water (to seal dumplings).
- 5Fold& seal into a triangular shape.
- 6Then fold all three"points" in (makes a"diaper" shape!) making sure to seal all seams with paste.
- 7In a large nonstick skillet with a tight fitting lid, place 2 tbs of veggie oil.
- 8Heat oil& fry dumplings, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides.
- 9Add about 1/3 cup chicken broth to skillet, cover& steam about 8 minutes.
- 10Repeat, adding oil& broth as needed, until all stickers are done.
- 11Dipping sauce: Reduce a mixture of brown sugar, soy sauce and minced garlic until it is thick enough for dipping.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kelly's Pot Stickers
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.7
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 41.2 mg
- Sodium 192.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 10.8 g