Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on another site, and have been making this ever since. Be careful with the chili oil if you're not used to much spice. I always double the sauce ingredients as we like it poured over rice. This is soooo gooood!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili oil
- 2 teaspoons roasted sesame seeds
- oil (for frying)
- 8 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- *To roast sesame seeds.
- Put in a pan on medium heat and brown lightly, stirring constantly.
- In a small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients until well combined.
- Cut chicken in 1/2 inch strips.
- Place in a bowl with water and salt and let soak for about 15 minutes.
- Do not drain.
- Add cornstarch and mix well, coating chicken.
- Add 1 tbsp. vegetable oil to chicken and mix until smooth.
- Separate chicken pieces.
- Heat oil in wok on medium heat.
- Fry chicken until crisp and cooked.
- Remove from wok and drain oil.
- Heat wok up again with 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Add ginger, garlic, and chili oil, stir fry until fragrant.
- Add sauce mix, stir until thickened.
- Add chicken and mix well.
- Sprinkle on sesame seeds, before serving.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce or rice.