I found this recipe on another site, and have been making this ever since. Be careful with the chili oil if you're not used to much spice. I always double the sauce ingredients as we like it poured over rice. This is soooo gooood!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili oil
- 2 teaspoons roasted sesame seeds
- oil (for frying)
- 1*To roast sesame seeds.
- 2Put in a pan on medium heat and brown lightly, stirring constantly.
- 3In a small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients until well combined.
- 4Cut chicken in 1/2 inch strips.
- 5Place in a bowl with water and salt and let soak for about 15 minutes.
- 6Do not drain.
- 7Add cornstarch and mix well, coating chicken.
- 8Add 1 tbsp. vegetable oil to chicken and mix until smooth.
- 9Separate chicken pieces.
- 10Heat oil in wok on medium heat.
- 11Fry chicken until crisp and cooked.
- 12Remove from wok and drain oil.
- 13Heat wok up again with 1 teaspoon of oil.
- 14Add ginger, garlic, and chili oil, stir fry until fragrant.
- 15Add sauce mix, stir until thickened.
- 16Add chicken and mix well.
- 17Sprinkle on sesame seeds, before serving.
- 18Serve on a bed of lettuce or rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Imperial Chinese Restaurant Sesame Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.3
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 102.6 mg
- Sodium 613.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 42.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: