1/1 Photo of Hot and Spicy Chairman's Chicken
Sue Lau's Note:
For when you want to take a walk on the wild side. Adjust the heat to your own taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced snow peas
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 can bamboo shoot, rinsed and drained
- 1 can baby corn, rinsed,drained,and chopped
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1 cup bok choy, chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 5 slices fresh gingerroot
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- hot steamed rice
For the marinade
For the Sauce
- 1Mix together ingredients for marinade and add to chicken; marinate chicken at least 30 min, up to an hour.
- 2Mix together ingredients for cooking sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil and 1 tbsp peanut oil, garlic, and red pepper in wok until you just start to smell them; add chicken and cook, stir-frying 3-4 minutes or until cooked through; remove from wok and set aside.
- 4Add the other 1 tbsp sesame oil and 1 tbsp peanut oil to wok and add snow peas, mushrooms, and bok choy; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until bok-choy becomes crisp-tender.
- 5Add green onions, bamboo shoots, baby corn, and bean sprouts to the other veggies and stir-fry another minute or so.
- 6Add the chicken back to the wok and stir all together.
- 7Pour reserved cooking sauce over the stir-fry and cook, stirring until mixture is hot and thickened, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- 8Serve with hot steamed rice.
- 9Just adding a note that the reason I don't use grated ginger in this recipe is because I wanted the dish to have a "subtle" ginger taste, and although I could have use a small amount of grated ginger, I felt that perhaps not as much in the dish would have been flavored by that- so in reference, I would use slices about the size of a large coin or American quarter coin.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot and Spicy Chairman's Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.8
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.3 mg
- Sodium 1790.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
hot bean paste