My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dried mushroom
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots, sliced, cut in matchstick pieces or 1/2 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 4 ounces tofu, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch diagonal slices (including tops)
- 1Cover mushrooms with water and let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2Remove mushrooms; cut off and discard stems.
- 3Thinly slice mushrooms and set aside.
- 4Measure soaking water (discard any sandy portion at the bottom) and add enough stock to make a total of 4 cupcs liquid.
- 5Place in a 2-quart pan and add sherry, bamboo shoots, and sliced mushrooms.
- 6Bring to a boil, then reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7Add tofu, peas, white vinegar, and soy; heat for 3 minutes.
- 8In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and the 1/4 cup water.
- 9Add to soup and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened.
- 10Turn off heat.
- 11Add pepper and seasameoil.
- 12Stirring continuously, slowly pour egg into soup.
- 13Sprinkle with onion; add salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot and Sour Tofu Soup
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.4
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 294.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar