Bon Appétit | June 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 3 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 kaffir lime leaves or 1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 lb uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp, halved lengthwise
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 8 ounces napa cabbage, cut crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- chopped fresh cilantro
- chopped fresh green onion
- 1Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add curry paste and stir until beginning to stick to pan, about 4 minutes.
- 2Stir in chicken broth, kaffir lime leaves, and minced ginger. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
- 3Add shrimp and mushrooms. Cook until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add cabbage; cook until beginning to wilt, about 30 seconds. Stir in lime juice.
- 5Divide soup among bowls; sprinkle with chopped cilantro and green onions and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot and Sour Soup W. Shrimp, Napa Cabbage and Shiitake Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.0
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 493.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste
kaffir lime leaves