Bon Appétit | June 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 3 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 kaffir lime leaves or 1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 lb uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp, halved lengthwise
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 8 ounces napa cabbage, cut crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- chopped fresh cilantro
- chopped fresh green onion
- 1Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add curry paste and stir until beginning to stick to pan, about 4 minutes.
- 2Stir in chicken broth, kaffir lime leaves, and minced ginger. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
- 3Add shrimp and mushrooms. Cook until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add cabbage; cook until beginning to wilt, about 30 seconds. Stir in lime juice.
- 5Divide soup among bowls; sprinkle with chopped cilantro and green onions and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot and Sour Soup W. Shrimp, Napa Cabbage and Shiitake Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.0
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 493.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste
kaffir lime leaves