1/2 Photos of Hot and Sour Soup - Easy Version
Just Call Me Martha's Note:
This is a very simple and quick version of a hot and sour soup. It contains many less ingredients than a traditional hot and sour soup, but is great nevertheless.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots
- 1/2 cup chopped mushroom
- 1/4 cup straw mushroom (optional)
- 1/2 cup red pepper, slivered
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1Combine broth, tomato juice, soya sauce, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, red pepper, hot pepper sauce and pepper flakes.
- 2Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 3Add vinegar, green onion and chicken.
- 4Simmer for 1 minute longer.
- 5Combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup water; mix well and stir into soup.
- 6Simmer until mixture is slightly thickened.
- 7Slowly add beaten egg in a continuous stream while soup is boiling.
- 8Continue stirring until egg is cooked and looks like threads throughout the soup.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot and Sour Soup - Easy Version
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.2
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 59.6 mg
- Sodium 1493.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar