1/1 Photo of Hot and Sour Soup
WI Cheesehead's Note:
From Penzey's winter catalog.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
- 5 -6 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 8 ounces firm tofu, diced into 1/4-inch cubes (or extra firm)
- 1 (15 ounce) can straw mushrooms, drained
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chinese black vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cellophane noodles or 1 (8 ounce) package bean thread noodles
- 1Slice the chicken breasts into matchstick-sized pieces and set aside.
- 2Heat the stock and add the vinegar, pepper and soy sauce or salt.
- 3Add the chicken and cook for 5-10 minutes (the chicken will float when cooked).
- 4Add the noodles, tofu, bamboo shoots and mushrooms and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- 5Serve in bowls sprinkled with the green onions.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot and Sour Soup
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.6
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 825.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: