1/1 Photo of Honey Spiced Duck
We love duck as a treat when it's just the 2 of us and it goes really well with this Chinese style marinade. Prep time doesn't include marinading.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Score the duck breast skin in a criss-cross fashion.
- 2Blend the honey, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, five spice powder and pepper in a small bowl.
- 3Coat the duck in this marinade in a shallow bowl.
- 4Cover and leave for 1 hour or overnight.
- 5Set the oven to fairly hot, 200c/400f.
- 6Put the duck on a rack in a roasting tin, reserving the marinade.
- 7Cook for 20-30 minutes depending on their size and how well you like your duck cooked.
- 8Put the marinade and 40mls of the roasting juices in a small pan.
- 9Add the spring onions and bring to the boil.
- 10Simmer gently for 2 minutes.
- 11I serve the duck on a bed of rice with the sauce and spring onions spooned over, and sometimes some cranberry sauce to finish.
Browse Our Top Duck Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Spiced Duck
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.1
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 326.4 mg
- Sodium 891.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 61.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar
Chinese five spice powder