We love duck as a treat when it's just the 2 of us and it goes really well with this Chinese style marinade. Prep time doesn't include marinading.
- Score the duck breast skin in a criss-cross fashion.
- Blend the honey, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, five spice powder and pepper in a small bowl.
- Coat the duck in this marinade in a shallow bowl.
- Cover and leave for 1 hour or overnight.
- Set the oven to fairly hot, 200c/400f.
- Put the duck on a rack in a roasting tin, reserving the marinade.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes depending on their size and how well you like your duck cooked.
- Put the marinade and 40mls of the roasting juices in a small pan.
- Add the spring onions and bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently for 2 minutes.
- I serve the duck on a bed of rice with the sauce and spring onions spooned over, and sometimes some cranberry sauce to finish.