1/1 Photo of Honey Orange Duck
4 hrs 10 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
This is from the Diana Liu cookbook. A very good way to cook duck.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water in a large kettle.
- 2Place duck, anise and parsley in boiling water; cook 10 minutes.
- 3Remove duck from water; let cool on rack for 2 hours.
- 4Preheat oven to 350*.
- 5Bake duck on rack in a roasting pan for 1 1/2 hours.
- 6Mix orange juice, soy sauce, honey, sherry, salt and ginger juice.
- 7Pour half of mixture into cavity and brush remaining mixture on duck.
- 8Bake 30-40 minutes more; basting every 10 minutes during the last 1/2 hour of baking.
- 9Transfer duck to a platter.
- 10Garnish with orange slices.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Whole Duck Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Duck Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Orange Duck
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 912.3
- Calories from Fat 748
- Total Fat 83.1 g
- Saturated Fat 27.9 g
- Cholesterol 160.6 mg
- Sodium 1192.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 25.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: