1/1 Photo of Honey Ginger Shrimp Stir-fry
This simple recipe tastes like something you'd get in your local Chinese. It can be spiced up with the addition of red pepper flakes, to taste. Prep time does not include marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together 1 1/2 TBS of the oil, the honey, sherry, soy sauce, five-spice powder, garlic and ginger in a bowl.
- 2Add the shrimp, making sure to coat them evenly with the marinade; cover and marinate for at least an hour or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- 3Remove the shrimp from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
- 4Heat a wok over high heat until it smokes, and then add the remaining 1 1/2 TBS oil.
- 5Heat the oil for a couple of seconds, then add the shrimp and stir-fry for a minute, or until they have turned pink.
- 6Pour in the reserved marinade and the water.
- 7Cook briskly, stirring constantly and coating the shrimps with the sauce, for about two minutes.
- 8Remove the shrimps from the wok, and continue cooking the sauce until it is well-reduced and syrupy, a matter of just a minute or so.
- 9Serve sauce over the shrimps.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Ginger Shrimp Stir-fry
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.1
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 315.0 mg
- Sodium 2423.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 36.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder