A chinese favorite, made at home...serve with rice and veggies. You might want to brown the chicken first for even more flavor and a faster cooking time.
- 2 lbs chicken legs (skin on or off)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 -4 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon asian hot chili sauce (optional)
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Butter a 13x9-in baking pan.
- Place the chicken legs in baking dish.
- In a bowl, gradually whisk milk into cornstarch.
- Whisk in soy sauce, honey, vinegar and garlic.
- Pour over chicken; toss to coat.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring twice, until chicken is cooked, and until sauce is bubbling, and starting to thicken.
- Stir the green onions into dish, and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Bake 10 minutes longer, or until the chicken is cooked.