Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A chinese favorite, made at home...serve with rice and veggies. You might want to brown the chicken first for even more flavor and a faster cooking time.
- 2 lbs chicken legs (skin on or off)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 -4 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon asian hot chili sauce (optional)
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Butter a 13x9-in baking pan.
- Place the chicken legs in baking dish.
- In a bowl, gradually whisk milk into cornstarch.
- Whisk in soy sauce, honey, vinegar and garlic.
- Pour over chicken; toss to coat.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring twice, until chicken is cooked, and until sauce is bubbling, and starting to thicken.
- Stir the green onions into dish, and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Bake 10 minutes longer, or until the chicken is cooked.
Excellent :) Used chicken breasts and browned the chicken in a pan first, then I added 1 onion to the mix. It was not too sweet, but i will omit a tablespoon or too honey next time. Thanks!
We enjoyed this recipe but had to spice it up with some seasonings. I ended up cooking it on the stovetop for 1/2 hour and it was a pretty easy meal with some steamed rice.
Really lovely. I added a good dollop of sweet chilli sauce which really added to the flavour. A quick easy recipe for busy folk. Also great for those on a budget - serve with rice and vegies in season.