1 hr 20 mins
Delicious meal for the whole family. Crunchy and tasty chicken fingers to go with the great tasting rice. Give a try and you won't be disappointed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- chicken breast, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 cups rice
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 100 g beans, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 100 g cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 -3 green chilies, cut lenghtwise
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- salt & pepper
- 2In a bowl mix the flour, salt, and water.
- 3In a separate bowl mix the baking soda and vinegar.
- 4Then pour the baking soda and vinegar in the other bowl and mix while pouring. Do not over mix.
- 5Slice the chicken in half lengthwise (cut the chicken for about ½ square by 2 inch), and then dry the chicken.
- 6Now put the chicken in the batter and on the pan and fry in oil.
- 8Pick, wash and soak the rice in enough water for 10-15 minutes and drain.
- 9Boil water, add rice and little salt.
- 10Cook uncovered on low heat till rice is tender.
- 11Take care not to overcook the rice. Each grain of rice should be separate.
- 12When rice is done, drain and add soom cold water and drain again using a large seive and set aside.
- 13Heat oil in a kadhai / large pan and stir fry all the chopped vegetables. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Take care that vegetables are not overdone, they should be crisp.
- 14Mix salt and pepper to taste.
- 15Add the cooked rice and mix well. Now mix the soya sauce to it.
- 16Cook the chinese fried rice for 2-3 minutes and serve hot.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Chinese Food(Chicken Fingers and Rice)
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.1
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 654.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: