Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious meal for the whole family. Crunchy and tasty chicken fingers to go with the great tasting rice. Give a try and you won't be disappointed.
- chicken breast, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 cups rice
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 100 g beans, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 100 g cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 -3 green chilies, cut lenghtwise
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- salt & pepper
- In a bowl mix the flour, salt, and water.
- In a separate bowl mix the baking soda and vinegar.
- Then pour the baking soda and vinegar in the other bowl and mix while pouring. Do not over mix.
- Slice the chicken in half lengthwise (cut the chicken for about ½ square by 2 inch), and then dry the chicken.
- Now put the chicken in the batter and on the pan and fry in oil.
- Pick, wash and soak the rice in enough water for 10-15 minutes and drain.
- Boil water, add rice and little salt.
- Cook uncovered on low heat till rice is tender.
- Take care not to overcook the rice. Each grain of rice should be separate.
- When rice is done, drain and add soom cold water and drain again using a large seive and set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai / large pan and stir fry all the chopped vegetables. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Take care that vegetables are not overdone, they should be crisp.
- Mix salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well. Now mix the soya sauce to it.
- Cook the chinese fried rice for 2-3 minutes and serve hot.