I love egg rolls and these are vegetarian and low fat!
Make and share this Healthy Egg Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 cups shredded Chinese cabbage (you may mix with other greens)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, diced (I mix with button and portabella)
- 1 stalk celery, diced (or/and 1/2 cup water chestnuts)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 12 fat-free egg-roll wrappers
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Dissolve one tablespoon of the cornstarch into 1/4 cup water and set aside.
- Lightly spray a wok or large saute pan with cooking spray (or use olive oil) and heat over low heat.
- Combine cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, celery and ginger in the pan.
- Cook for five to seven minute or until vegetables begin to wilt, stirring constantly to keep from burning.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and soy sauce.
- Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add green onions at very end to keep them crisp.
- Dissolve the remaining tablespoon of cornstarch in 1/4 cup water.
- Brush onto egg-roll wrappers and fill with vegetables.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 15 minutes or until brown.