1/2 Photos of Healthy Egg Rolls
I love egg rolls and these are vegetarian and low fat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups shredded Chinese cabbage (you may mix with other greens)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, diced (I mix with button and portabella)
- 1 stalk celery, diced (or/and 1/2 cup water chestnuts)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 12 fat-free egg-roll wrappers
- 1Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- 2Dissolve one tablespoon of the cornstarch into 1/4 cup water and set aside.
- 3Lightly spray a wok or large saute pan with cooking spray (or use olive oil) and heat over low heat.
- 4Combine cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, celery and ginger in the pan.
- 5Cook for five to seven minute or until vegetables begin to wilt, stirring constantly to keep from burning.
- 6Stir in cornstarch mixture and soy sauce.
- 7Cook until the sauce thickens.
- 8Add green onions at very end to keep them crisp.
- 9Dissolve the remaining tablespoon of cornstarch in 1/4 cup water.
- 10Brush onto egg-roll wrappers and fill with vegetables.
- 11Bake in a 350-degree oven for 15 minutes or until brown.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (655 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 16.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free egg-roll wrappers