Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great recipe but be very careful just how much fresh ginger you use.
Make and share this Healthy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1⁄2 lb boneless sirloin steak, thinly sliced with no fat
- 2 cups fresh broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oil in a large nonstick wok, set over medium-high heat. Add the ginger, scallions, and garlic; cook, tossing and stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add red-pepper flakes and orange zest, cook 20 seconds longer.
- Slip the sirloin strips in the pan and cook, stirring and tossing, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the broccoli and bell pepper; continue tossing and stirring until slighly softened but still crunchy, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the soy sauce and vinegar and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add Rue and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 15 seconds. Immediately remove from heat. Let stand 1 minute before serving.
I actually made this recipe with shrimp instead of beef and it was very good.
Simple, nutritious to make. My son really liked the crunchy veggies. I also added partially cooked noodles from Whole Foods & because of that, added 1/2 c water to soy/vinegar mix to keep everything moist. Found the ginger/zest amts. to be just right. Definitely will be doing this one again.
Fast and simple.. Go easy on the ginger and zest.