Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great recipe but be very careful just how much fresh ginger you use.
Make and share this Healthy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1⁄2 lb boneless sirloin steak, thinly sliced with no fat
- 2 cups fresh broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat oil in a large nonstick wok, set over medium-high heat. Add the ginger, scallions, and garlic; cook, tossing and stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add red-pepper flakes and orange zest, cook 20 seconds longer.
- Slip the sirloin strips in the pan and cook, stirring and tossing, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add the broccoli and bell pepper; continue tossing and stirring until slighly softened but still crunchy, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the soy sauce and vinegar and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add Rue and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 15 seconds. Immediately remove from heat. Let stand 1 minute before serving.
I actually made this recipe with shrimp instead of beef and it was very good.
Simple, nutritious to make. My son really liked the crunchy veggies. I also added partially cooked noodles from Whole Foods & because of that, added 1/2 c water to soy/vinegar mix to keep everything moist. Found the ginger/zest amts. to be just right. Definitely will be doing this one again.
Fast and simple.. Go easy on the ginger and zest.