1/7 Photos of Grilled Chinese Pork Chops
From Chinese Food Site by Lila Voo. The timing does not include marinating overnight. Serve with fried rice and stir fried green beans. I have reduced the hoisin sauce from 1 cup to 1/2 cup. Also have reduced the sherry wine from 2 tablespoons to 1 1/2 tablespoons. Reductions posted after the first six reviews.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces pork chops, 4 of them about 1 inch thick
- 1Prepare the pork chops by removing all of the fat.
- 2Then poke both sides of each chop with a fork.
- 3Place the chops in a container with a tight fitting lid to be marinated.
- 4In a separate bowl, mix together thoroughly all of the ingredients for the marinade.
- 5Pour the marinade over the pork chops and stir them to coat.
- 6Place them in the refrigerator and marinate overnight.
- 7When you are ready to cook the chops, pre heat the grill to medium high.
- 8Once the grill is hot remove the chops from the marinade and immediately place them on the grill.
- 9Reserve the marinade in the container and let the pork chops sit for 2 minutes.
- 10After 2 minutes, rotate the chops, don’t flip them yet.
- 11Just turn them to make nice grill marks on the one side.
- 12Then using the reserved marinade, lightly baste each pork chop.
- 13Let them cook another 2 minutes and then flip them.
- 14Lightly baste again with the remaining marinade.
- 15After another 2 minutes, rotate them to create grill marks on the other side and lightly baste them one more time.
- 16After 2 more minutes check to make sure that the internal temperature of each pork chop has reached 140 degrees.
- 17Once they are done, remove them from the heat, cover them with foil and let them sit for about 10 minutes and then serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chinese Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.8
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 77.5 mg
- Sodium 1089.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: