Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1⁄2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 lbs very lean beef, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- Cut beef and trim. Night before, mix in zip lock bag: soy sauce, garlic and ginger with beef.
- Refrigerate until the next day.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok.
- Add meat mixture and toss over high heat until browned.
- Reduce heat cover and cook until meat becomes tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Turn heat up and add vegetables, stir until veggies are tender crisp.
- Mix cornstarch with water.
- Pour into the skillet and stir until thickened.
- Turn heat off and add tomato wedges and toss.
- Serve over hot rice.