1 hr 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 lbs very lean beef, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1Cut beef and trim. Night before, mix in zip lock bag: soy sauce, garlic and ginger with beef.
- 2Refrigerate until the next day.
- 3Heat oil in large skillet or wok.
- 4Add meat mixture and toss over high heat until browned.
- 5Reduce heat cover and cook until meat becomes tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- 6Turn heat up and add vegetables, stir until veggies are tender crisp.
- 7Mix cornstarch with water.
- 8Pour into the skillet and stir until thickened.
- 9Turn heat off and add tomato wedges and toss.
- 10Serve over hot rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Pepper Steak
Serving Size: 1 (699 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 778.8
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 178.4 mg
- Sodium 932.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 68.2 g