Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Yummy snack or appetizer!
Make and share this Green Onion Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 8 egg roll wraps
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion (, white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- soy sauce, to taste
- Beat the egg and sesame oil together.
- Brush one side of one egg roll wrapper with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 green onions and 1 tsp sesame seeds.
- Brush one side of another egg roll wrapper and press wet side on top of the other one and press down to seal.
- Repeat for other 3 pancakes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil on medium high heat.
- Fry each side of each pancake for about 2 minutes til golden brown.
- Add more heat as necessary.
- Cut each into 6 pieces.
- Can serve with soy sauce.
ok. i made two of adjustments here. first, i use spring roll wrappers, so i roll them instead of shaping them into pancakes. second, i didn't fry them. i put them on baking tray, sprayed using olive oil, and bake them at 200 for approx. 15 minutes. other than those, these pancakes are great! i also made a sauce from equal part of soy sauce and mirin, with a dash of chili powder.
YUM! So easy and quick! I used 24 won ton wrappers, 1/2 cup scallions(all I had) and added 1 large red jalapeno. Gave it a festive Christmas look! I cut in half on the angle making 24 appetizers. You do need to use more oil for the frying. Thanks for a great treat!
These were amazing! way more impressed with them than i thought i would be. they will be a regular snack around my house. we added a little finly choped white onions,mushrooms and bean sprouts to the mix. was soooooo good diped in a little spicy mayo. my kids devoured them!