1/2 Photos of Ginger Chicken
8 hrs 15 mins
Tea Girl's Note:
This isn't usually the ginger chicken that you get in Chinese restaurants. It is a simple and tasty recipe one of my Chinese friends likes to make. It has a good flavour and isn't too over powering. The amounts are an estimation because I have never measured it out. I usually use the liquid from the jar of the ginger not the vinegar. I usually have it with fried rice and a salad. Most of the time for this recipe is the marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast (chopped)
- 1/2 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons pickled ginger (can use fresh if you can't get pickled but use less or will be too powerful)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon pickled ginger liquid, from jar
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1Chop the pickled ginger finely.
- 2Put chicken, ginger, garlic powder, soy sauce, and vinegar in a bowl and mix. The chicken should be fully covered.
- 3Let chicken marinate for at least 8 hours, overnight is even better.
- 4Heat pan with oil.
- 5Add chicken with marinade to pan. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Turn the chicken and cover for another 5 minutes.
- 7Remove lid and cook until the chicken is fully cooked and the sauce thickens a bit.
- 8Serve and top with toasted sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.2
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 2184.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar