1/1 Photo of General Tso's Chicken
Good tasting. Not breaded/fried chicken pieces - so it's healthier than the "real thing". Great with steamed or fried rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 medium scallions, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1In medium bowl, whisk together broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger. Set aside.
- 2Heat oil in wok or large skillet over medium high heat.
- 3Add scallions, garlic and pepper and cook 2 minutes.
- 4Add chicken and cook until browned all over, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add reserved sauce and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- 6Serve chicken and sauce over rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for General Tso's Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 776.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar