This recipe was taken from the book "the most decadent diet ever" by Devin Alexander. It's as healthy as it is good. It's like a combination of General Tso's Chicken and Kung Pao beef but healthier
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- Place chicken breats between two sheets of plastic wrap, use flt side of meat mallet to pound them into 1/3 inch thickness cut the breasts into strips. transfer to medium bowl and toss with cornstrach to coat. let stand for 5 minutes.
- whisk the remaining ingriendeints (but the veggies).
- Heat wok or skillet and add 1 teaspoon saesme oil.
- add pepper and onions and stir fry remove and set aside. add 1 teaspoon seasme oil and chicken cook till no longer pink inside, then add veggies and sauce and heat throu.