Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was taken from the book "the most decadent diet ever" by Devin Alexander. It's as healthy as it is good. It's like a combination of General Tso's Chicken and Kung Pao beef but healthier
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- Place chicken breats between two sheets of plastic wrap, use flt side of meat mallet to pound them into 1/3 inch thickness cut the breasts into strips. transfer to medium bowl and toss with cornstrach to coat. let stand for 5 minutes.
- whisk the remaining ingriendeints (but the veggies).
- Heat wok or skillet and add 1 teaspoon saesme oil.
- add pepper and onions and stir fry remove and set aside. add 1 teaspoon seasme oil and chicken cook till no longer pink inside, then add veggies and sauce and heat throu.
Very nice recipe. My wife and I both loved it. I made exactly as directed. I caould have had it hotter but it was perfect for my wife. Also, next time I think I will use just a bit more hoisin sauce to head the dish a little closer to to General Tsao!
We all loved this dish, and I liked that it was a healthy alternative to what we normally eat...and nobody complained that it was healthy!!
This is really good. The directions are spot on, and it is super simple to put together. Next time I would add bean sprouts and other veggies to the mix. It does not have a lot of heat, but adding more crushed red pepper flakes solves that easily. Thanks for sharing this very low fat recipe.