1/2 Photos of Garlic Scallops
Posting for zwt 2006 (Asian region). I love Scallops and can't wait to make this one myself. Looks fairly easy and quite tasty if the ingredients are any indication.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine or 2 teaspoons dry sherry or 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil, for stir-frying
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves, as garnish
- 1Rinse the scallops under running water and pat dry.
- 2In a small bowl, prepare the cornstarch slurry (mix together the cornstarch and the 4 tbsps. water) and set aside.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, oyster sauce, rice wine or sherry or rice vinegar, and sugar to form the sauce; set aside.
- 4Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high to high heat; add the oil to the heated wok; when the oil is hot, add the garlic cloves and half the green onion; Stir-fry until the garlic is aromatic but not browned as that will give it a bitter edge.
- 5Add the red bell pepper and the scallops and stir-fry for about 2 minutes, taking care not to overcook the scallops. Add the sauce and simmer the scallops and pepper in the sauce, uncovered, for about 5 minutes.
- 6Give the cornstarch and water slurry a quick re-stir; add in the middle of the wok, stirring quickly to thicken; mix with the other ingredients.
- 7Stir in the remainder of the green onion and garnish with the chopped cilantro.
- 8Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.9
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.0 mg
- Sodium 501.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 27.1 g