1/9 Photos of Garlic Ginger Chicken Strips
These are great as appetizers or a main meal! They are full of zip! Adapted from Light & Tasty magazine. This recipe can be frozen!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup sherry wine (or chicken broth)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried basil)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (or 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1Combine the first nine ingredients in a bowl. Remove 3 tablespoons for basting; cover and refrigerate. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add the remaining marinade. Seal the bag and turn it around to coat it thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 2Drain and discard the marinade. Broil the chicken strips 3"-4" from the heat for 3 minutes; then turn the strips over. Baste with reserved marinade. Broil 4-5 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, turning occasionally. Remove from oven and serve. Enjoy!
- 3To freeze: Place chicken and marinade in a freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
- 4To serve: Thaw overnight in the fridge and cook as directed.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Ginger Chicken Strips
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.3
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 1141.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder