1/9 Photos of Garlic Ginger Chicken Strips
These are great as appetizers or a main meal! They are full of zip! Adapted from Light & Tasty magazine. This recipe can be frozen!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup sherry wine (or chicken broth)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried basil)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (or 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1Combine the first nine ingredients in a bowl. Remove 3 tablespoons for basting; cover and refrigerate. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add the remaining marinade. Seal the bag and turn it around to coat it thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 2Drain and discard the marinade. Broil the chicken strips 3"-4" from the heat for 3 minutes; then turn the strips over. Baste with reserved marinade. Broil 4-5 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, turning occasionally. Remove from oven and serve. Enjoy!
- 3To freeze: Place chicken and marinade in a freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
- 4To serve: Thaw overnight in the fridge and cook as directed.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Ginger Chicken Strips
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.3
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 1141.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder