1/1 Photo of Garlic & Chili Prawns
I've always love crustacean dishes...especially prawns. In my hometown in Davao City, Philippines, there's one famous seafood resto that offers the best garlic prawns. I improved the dish by making it more spicy by adding...red and green chili peppers for that "kick".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 dash peppercorn
- 1 dash oregano, powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 dash ground basil
- 10 pieces green chili peppers, minced (siling labuyo)
- 1 piece red bell pepper, minced
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons red pepper sauce (habanero)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sugarcane vinegar
- 1 tablespoon knorr liquid seasoning
- 1Remove legs and antennaes from prawns.
- 2In a bowl, mix sprite, rock salt, pepper -- add prawns in the marinade, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3For the sauce, heat olive oil in a non-stick pan, saute garlic red and green peppers.
- 4Add oyster sauce, red pepper sauce, honey, vinegar, liquid seasoning, sesame oil, 1 tbsp minced parsley, peppercorn, oregano, curry powder and basil. Whisk until well mixed. Put in a bowl and set aside.
- 5In another non-stick pan, heat olive oil. Stir fry prawns for a minute, then pour 1/2 cup of the marinade.
- 6Let marinade boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 7Then pour in garlic & chili sauce -- mix well.
- 8Serve hot!
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic & Chili Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 694.4
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 220.5 mg
- Sodium 1875.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 45.6 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green chili peppers