I've always love crustacean dishes...especially prawns. In my hometown in Davao City, Philippines, there's one famous seafood resto that offers the best garlic prawns. I improved the dish by making it more spicy by adding...red and green chili peppers for that "kick".
- 350 g medium prawns
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces Sprite
- rock salt
- 7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 dash peppercorn
- 1 dash oregano, powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 dash ground basil
- 10 pieces green chili peppers, minced (siling labuyo)
- 1 piece red bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons red pepper sauce (habanero)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sugarcane vinegar
- 1 tablespoon knorr liquid seasoning
- Remove legs and antennaes from prawns.
- In a bowl, mix sprite, rock salt, pepper -- add prawns in the marinade, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the sauce, heat olive oil in a non-stick pan, saute garlic red and green peppers.
- Add oyster sauce, red pepper sauce, honey, vinegar, liquid seasoning, sesame oil, 1 tbsp minced parsley, peppercorn, oregano, curry powder and basil. Whisk until well mixed. Put in a bowl and set aside.
- In another non-stick pan, heat olive oil. Stir fry prawns for a minute, then pour 1/2 cup of the marinade.
- Let marinade boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then pour in garlic & chili sauce -- mix well.
- Serve hot!