2 hrs 20 mins
Member #610488's Note:
Recipe is for a Cantonese/Hawaiian dish served during a family reunion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup long grain rice, cooked and chilled
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chinese plum sauce
Sesame Seed Dressing
- 1Create dressing first by combining all dressing ingredients in blender container and blending thoroughly. Store in refrigerator, until ready to use. If dressing separates, blend briefly before using.
- 2Season chicken with salt, cover with water and simmer until tender, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Remove chicken from broth and allow to cool.
- 3When cool, cut chicken tenders into strips 1 inch long. Saute chicken in 2 tbs peanut oil until crisp. Remove chicken from skillet.
- 4Add remaining peanut oil to the skillet and heat until very hot. Add rice and fry, stirring constantly until hard and grainy, about 2 minutes. If skillet is not very hot, the rice will stick.
- 5Toss rice with lettuce, sautéed chicken, green onion, plum sauce and sesame seed dressing right before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gar Doo Gai (Chinese Chicken Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 913.2
- Calories from Fat 494
- Total Fat 54.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 548.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 30.4 g
- Protein 54.3 g