1/4 Photos of Gang Bao Chicken
I have tried and tried for years to get this recipe from my favourite Chinese Szechuan Restaurant and there it is in today's newspaper!!! We have even had a Recipezaar get togethers to try and pick the ingredients! From Double Eight Chinese Restaurant in Broadbeach. Thanks to Joan and John Mei. Can also be called Kung Pao Chicken or Gong Bao Chicken but I have gone with the original restaurant name.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 tablespoon chili oil
- 300 g chicken thigh fillets, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried red chili (or fresh but the restaurant uses dried)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -6 tablespoons stock (the recipe states several) or 2 -6 tablespoons water (the recipe states several)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Chinese wine
- 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cashew nuts (or peanuts)
- 1Coat wok or pan in chilli oil.
- 2Add chicken pieces and stir until just cooked and set aside.
- 3Into wok or pan add chilli, green onion, ginger, garlic, vinegar, stock or water and stir.
- 4Add sugar, cooking wine and light soy sauce and stir.
- 5It's really important here to make sure that everything reduces and caramelises. The restaurants green onions and dried chilli's are quite well cooked.
- 6Return chicken to the pan and mix ingredients together.
- 7When juice becomes slightly sticky add the nuts.
- 8Place in serving dish.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gang Bao Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.0
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 124.5 mg
- Sodium 530.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 34.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: