Great as a appetizer! a little different but still all good. This is one of those recipes to use with the old timey electric woks that were so popular in the early 90's! That is where is developed from cause some nights in my early marrage then it was just easier to break out the wok than dirty up the stove and a bunch of pots etc.
- wash scallops pat dry with paper towel.
- mix together marinade and let scallops stand in marinade for 15 minutes.
- combine cornstarch and salt in a plastic bag.
- shake several scallops in bag dip in egg then in bread crumbs.
- heat oil in wok to 350*.
- lower heat some and lower scallops into oil and fry until brown about 2 minutes.
- drain on paper towels.