Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A good way to use up leftover plain rice and extra veggies that doesn't take too long. This is my favorite fried rice recipe.
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 inch gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- Scramble the eggs seperately and place aside for later.
- Mix the soy sauce, rice vinegar and honey in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in the pan over medium heat, add garlic, ginger and onions
- When the onion browns, add the carrot, peas and corn.
- After the veggies get tender, add the scrambled eggs and toss around to coat in the oil.
- Add the rice, stir to break up any clumps and mix well with the veggies.
- After everything is nicely mixed, add the soy mixture and stir in well. Turn the heat up a little higher and cook for a few minutes for most of the vinegar to cook off.
The kids kept going back for more! Great, easy recipe!
Love the sauce! I added broccoli, summer squash and red pepper, left out the corn. Thanks for a yummy dinner! :)