2 hrs 20 mins
1 hr 30 mins
The brown sugar and soy sauce cook down creating a sticky sauce on these cute little chicken packets. From Sunset April 2008. These should be made at least an hour ahead of time to allow time to marinate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (regular)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 inch gingerroot, peeled and cut into thinnest possible slivers
- 1 lb chicken thigh pieces, boned and skinned and cut into bite-size pieces and strips
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-in . lengths and then into slivers
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, dark soy sauce, and ginger. Add chicken, toss to coat, cover, and chill for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- 2Preheat oven to 375°. Lay out 8 pieces of aluminum foil, 6 to 8 inches long each. Put 1/8 of the marinated chicken in the middle of each. Top chicken with green onions and sprinkle with pepper. Fold 1 side of foil over the chicken to cover it, fold opposite side of foil over first fold, and then fold in each end once to seal and create a little packet.
- 3Lay packets on a foil- or parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet (packets will leak while cooking, and the marinade is difficult to clean up once it cooks onto a pan). Bake until chicken is cooked through and marinade is reduced and starting to caramelize in each packet, 45 to 60 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Foil-Wrapped Ginger Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 47.6 mg
- Sodium 212.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: