3 hrs 30 mins
Cooking time includes time to marinate beef. I combined the marinade from one recipe, the sauce from another, and the result is tender and tasty beef in this stir-fry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beef rump or 1 lb sirloin steaks or 1 lb beef tenderloin steak, sliced thin
- assorted chopped vegetables (bell peppers, carrots, celery, bean sprouts, mushrooms, bamboo, broccoli, etc.)
- tofu, cubed (optional)
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine or 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and sliced or grated
- 1Combine beef and marinade in zipper-type plastic bag.
- 2Marinate in refrigerator at least 3 hours.
- 3Heat 2 T oil in wok.
- 4Stir-fry/pan-fry the meat in 2 batches until cooked through.
- 5Remove meat to a warm dish.
- 6Add chopped vegetables and a bit of oil to wok.
- 7Stir-fry until crisp-tender.
- 8Return meat to wok.
- 9Add tofu if desired.
- 10Stir-fry until heated through.
- 11Add sauce; cook to desired thickness.
- 12Serve with steamed jasmine rice, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flavorful Beef Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Sodium 1610.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 25.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: