1 hr 15 mins
Another wings recipe, the five-spice powder adds a nice tang, but be careful when using it, it can be overpowering. If you prefer you can grill or barbecue them but be careful they don't burn. Marinating time not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs chicken wings, cut them up by the joints if you prefer
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder, maybe more
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, taste the marinade to see or you want to add a bit more five-spice powder, and hot sauce Add the chicken, mix well, cover and put in the fridge to marinate, at least 2 hours but I prefer 24 hours.
- 2When ready to bake remove the chicken from the fridge to get back to room temperature.
- 3Pre heat the oven 325F; line a baking tray with foil.
- 4Shake off the marinade, bake the wings for approx 1 hour until tender, baste them now and then with the marinade, and if desired finish them under the grill.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Five Spice Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.9
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 808.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 42.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black bean sauce
white wine vinegar