Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was a surprise to me at how good the results were--egg rolls with no fat, no deep frying---WOW! They are fantastic, and fast and easy to make. Don't let the list of ingredients scare you, you can use more or less of one thing, or eliminate a vegetable, or replace one, with no problems. A really great recipe, very low calorie too!
- 12 ounces chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 can baby shrimp, drained
- 6 ounces beef, cooked and chopped
- 6 ounces pork, cooked and chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb bean sprouts
- 1 can water chestnut, drained and chopped
- 1 can Chinese vegetables, drained
- 1⁄2 head bok choy, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 40 egg roll wraps
- Make sure all meat is cooked, and everything mentioned as'chopped' above is chopped.
- I use the food processor.
- Mix everything but the egg roll wrappers in a very large bowl.
- Use your hands to be sure to get a good mix.
- Place an eggroll wrapper in front of you, with a point up, as in a diamond.
- Put about a third of a cup of filling horozontally across the middle, bring down the top point, tuck under the filling, and roll, folding in the two side points as you go.
- Seal the bottom point with some water before you roll completely up.
- If in doubt, check the back of the eggroll wrapper package for pictures.
- Spray the biggest cookie sheet you have with Pam, put eggrolls on it, make sure they aren't touching.
- Spray the tops of the eggrolls with Pam.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- If the tops seem cooked and crispy, flip them over for the last ten minutes of baking.
- Eggrolls are done when they are crispy-crunchy and browned.
- Check oven to be sure of progress and time, as the cooking time seems to vary with how wet, and how much filling you use.