Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was a surprise to me at how good the results were--egg rolls with no fat, no deep frying---WOW! They are fantastic, and fast and easy to make. Don't let the list of ingredients scare you, you can use more or less of one thing, or eliminate a vegetable, or replace one, with no problems. A really great recipe, very low calorie too!
- 12 ounces chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 can baby shrimp, drained
- 6 ounces beef, cooked and chopped
- 6 ounces pork, cooked and chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb bean sprouts
- 1 can water chestnut, drained and chopped
- 1 can Chinese vegetables, drained
- 1⁄2 head bok choy, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 40 egg roll wraps
- Make sure all meat is cooked, and everything mentioned as'chopped' above is chopped.
- I use the food processor.
- Mix everything but the egg roll wrappers in a very large bowl.
- Use your hands to be sure to get a good mix.
- Place an eggroll wrapper in front of you, with a point up, as in a diamond.
- Put about a third of a cup of filling horozontally across the middle, bring down the top point, tuck under the filling, and roll, folding in the two side points as you go.
- Seal the bottom point with some water before you roll completely up.
- If in doubt, check the back of the eggroll wrapper package for pictures.
- Spray the biggest cookie sheet you have with Pam, put eggrolls on it, make sure they aren't touching.
- Spray the tops of the eggrolls with Pam.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- If the tops seem cooked and crispy, flip them over for the last ten minutes of baking.
- Eggrolls are done when they are crispy-crunchy and browned.
- Check oven to be sure of progress and time, as the cooking time seems to vary with how wet, and how much filling you use.
very good easy to make and the best part Low Fat. I used shredded cabbage because I could not find bok choy it worked fine
I used just chicken, spring (green) onions, mushrooms, carrots,with ginger, garlic, and soy sauce. Sauteed, then I pureed & chopped it all a bit, heated up the puree with bean sprouts and went on with the filling...yum!