1/2 Photos of Evergreen's General Tso's Chicken
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
I know there are a ton of Tso's Chicken (pronounced by the cook as "sho"). This one is exactly like the Tso's at Evergreen, the restaurant I frequent. This makes lots of sticky sauce, just great for going over rice. They are closed on Mondays, so if I'm craving Chinese, I have to make it at home, which is always better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken, in bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons good quality soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- oil, for frying
- 1In a zip-top bag, combine marinade and chicken. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. While marinating, assemble rest of ingredients (except chilies) and combine in a bowl. This step is very important because after you fry the chicken, this recipe moves VERY fast!
- 2After marinating, fry chicken and drain. Keep warm.
- 3Drain the oil if any is left. Toast the chilies in a drop of oil, being careful not to burn them.
- 4Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until the cornstarch is combined; add to the skillet and bring to a boil and reduce heat. Mixture should thicken up a bit.
- 5Return the chicken to the skillet and heat through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Evergreen's General Tso's Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 623.5
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 175.0 mg
- Sodium 1946.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 38.2 g