The first dish my Mom taught me. Since I imigrated to North America, I've tasted numerous omelets, scramble eggs, poached eggs, but this egg dish is unique in its own and is still my all time favorite. Enjoy.
- Beat eggs together; season with salt and pepper, and add the"white" part of the green onion and sesame oil.
- Mix well.
- Add oil to the pan; turn up the heat.
- Add the egg mixture.
- break the egg into pieces.
- Toss and cook until the eggs are almost done.
- less then 2 min
- Take out the egg.
- Add more olive oil to the pan and cook the tomatoes.
- Season the tomatoes and add the rice vinegar and sugar; cook until the you can smell the tomatoes.
- Put the egg mixture back to the pan.
- Add the"green" part of the green onion.
- In a little bowl, mix corn starch with aliitle more than 1 tsp of water
- Serve hot.
I added spinach and chilli, was lovely
Made this tonight...really easy and tasty. I will definitely make again. I had a few leftover peas from last night's dinner so I added these as well and tasted delicious :)
This is the Chinese style of Eggs with Tomatoes. I like to use the entire tomato. Some recipes call for no seeds. Instead of just sugar added (the recipe did not state an amount) I used 1/4 salt
and sugar combined along with rice vinegar. I also added a 2 pinch measurement of baking powder to the beaten eggs. Make sure you dissolve the baking powder fully, before adding the beaten eggs to the pan. (The baking powder makes the eggs light and fluffy. I serve with pork loin for a full meal.