1/5 Photos of Egg Foo Yung (For 2) With Oriental Sauce
Tee Lee's Note:
From Alberta Egg Producers website. This tastes a lot like our favorite Chinese restaurant's Egg Foo Yung, so I was thrilled to find out how easy it is to make at home! I usually double the amount of sauce, and I like to add a touch of oyster sauce to the sauce sometimes, too. For a complete Chinese experience, we usually eat this with Pork (Chicken, or Shrimp) Fried Rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Egg Foo Yung Omelets
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced or 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, chopped
- 2 -4 green onions, thinly sliced
- cooking spray
- 1FOR OMELETS:.
- 2In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with water and soy sauce.
- 3Stir in bean sprouts, mushrooms and green onions; mix well.
- 4Spray an 8-inch non-stick skillet with cooking spray, and heat skillet over medium heat.
- 5Pour in approximately one fourth of the egg mixture.
- 6As mixture sets at the edges, with spatula, gently lift cooked portion to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath.
- 7Cook until bottom is set and beginning to brown, and top is almost set, then slide onto a plate.
- 8Flip over (uncooked side down) back into skillet and cook until eggs are done in the middle, about 1-2 minute.
- 9Slide onto a serving plate, keeping warm.
- 10Repeat procedure to make 2-3 more omelettes, stacking them on serving plate when done.
- 11Cut omelets into wedges and serve with warm Oriental Sauce.
- 12FOR ORIENTAL SAUCE:.
- 13Combine all sauce ingredients in a small pan and heat to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 14Boil for 1 minute; serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Foo Yung (For 2) With Oriental Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.4
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 372.0 mg
- Sodium 1377.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 17.5 g