1/3 Photos of Egg Foo Yung
One of my favorite Chinese dishes. Great for a brunch, lunch or supper. Posted by request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1/4 cup minced scallion
- 1/4 cup minced bamboo shoots or 1/4 cup celery or 1/4 cup shredded Chinese cabbage
- 4 water chestnuts, minced
- 1/3-1/2 cup slivered cooked ham or 1/3-1/2 cup chicken or 1/3-1/2 cup pork or 1/3-1/2 cup minced shrimp
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons peanut oil (or other cooking oil)
Foo Yung Sauce
- 1Mix eggs, vegetables, meat and soy.
- 2Heat 2 tsp oil in a 4-6 inch skillet over moderate heat for 30 seconds.
- 3Add 1/3 cup egg mixture and fry as you would a pancake until lightly browned on the bottom, turn over and brown flip side.
- 4Keep warm (but do not stack), while you fry remaining pancakes, adding more oil if needed and stirring egg mixture before adding to pan.
- 5Foo Yung Sauce: In a pan, heat broth, soy, sugar and vinegar.
- 6In a bowl, blend cornstarch and water.
- 7Add to sauce and cook, stirring, until sauce bubbles and thickens.
- 8Serve with hot Egg Foo Yung.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Foo Yung
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.2
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 289.5 mg
- Sodium 639.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 15.5 g