Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A favorite recipe of my mother's as I was growing up.
Make and share this Egg Foo Yong recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cooked pork or 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken or 1⁄2 cup cooked ham or 1⁄2 cup cooked shrimp or 1⁄2 cup cooked crab
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces bean sprouts (raw)
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon msg (Accent)
- oil (for frying)
egg foo young sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock (or water)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Prepare and chop vegetables except for bean sprouts. Set aside.
- Beat eggs.
- Mix eggs with rest of ingredients.
- Fry in well oiled, hot skillet until golden brown.
- When done drain on paper towel and put somewhere to keep warm.
- In a sauce pan, combine the sauce ingredients and heat, stirring to dissolve the ingredients.
- When the sauce gets hot it will thicken; remove from heat.
- Serve egg foo young and sauce (placed in serving vessel) letting each put garnishes on their egg foo young with the sauce to their own taste.