Egg Flower soup is always an old favorite. I like this recipe if you wish you can add a little grated carrot or some fresh peas, only a few just for color
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon lard (lard is best but you can use marg or butter or veggie oil)
- 4 dried dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked in water 20 minutes,drained,stemmed & shredded
- 3 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, whisked until frothy
- 1Heat the lard in a saucepan and saute the mushrooms for 1 minute.
- 2Pour in the stock and bring to a boil, simmer 1 minute.
- 3Add soy, coriander,& scallion.
- 4Pour in the eggs in a steady stream, do not stir.
- 5Remove from heat season with salt and pepper.
- 6Divide between individual soup bowls& serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Flower Soup
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.2
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 346.5 mg
- Sodium 918.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 21.9 g