Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Egg Flower soup is always an old favorite. I like this recipe if you wish you can add a little grated carrot or some fresh peas, only a few just for color
- 1 teaspoon lard (lard is best but you can use marg or butter or veggie oil)
- 4 dried dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked in water 20 minutes,drained,stemmed & shredded
- 3 3⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, whisked until frothy
- Heat the lard in a saucepan and saute the mushrooms for 1 minute.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil, simmer 1 minute.
- Add soy, coriander,& scallion.
- Pour in the eggs in a steady stream, do not stir.
- Remove from heat season with salt and pepper.
- Divide between individual soup bowls& serve.
Great stuff Bergy! The corriander and dried mushrooms (I used shitakki) are a must. The family loved this- I will make again and again. Oh- I also added a bit of cornstarch to thicken things up a bit. Thanks again!