Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Simple & Delicious--which describes this soup well. It's very easy to make, and tastes wonderful. My 2-year old ate seconds and wanted more. Prep time includes cook time as it's just a couple minutes. I served it with Fried Rice and Sweet & Sour Popcorn Chicken, plus some chicken & veggie egg rolls.
- 3 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced diagonally (including some green)
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to boil over medium heat. Combine cornstarch and cold water; gradually stir into broth. Bring back to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat. Drizzle beaten egg into hot broth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in green onion. Serve immediately.
Just as good as the restaurant! I added some finely shredded chicken to my bowl to make a complete and filling lunch. I will make this again and serve it with an Asian themed dinner. Thanks!
My husband loves egg drop soup and he enjoyed this simple and yummy soup. Thanks Eve! Made for Newest Zaar Tag!
Much better than I have gotten at our local Chinese restaurants and super fast.