Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I never could make fried rice, it always turned out sticky and nasty. Until one night when I couldn't sleep, I turned on the tv and watched this infomercial for cookware and they made fried rice. And what do you know, its a good recipe! Only thing good that ever came out of a infomercial, lol. Anyway my whole family loves it and have been asked for the recipe many times. If you have leftover chicken, toss it in too. I've also added hamburger and other veggies with good results too.
- 3 cups cold leftover cooked rice
- 1⁄2-1 cup oleo
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup soy sauce (to taste)
- Melt oleo in large non-stick skillet.
- Add onion, celery, and carrots.
- Saute until onions are transparent and carrots are crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add peas and cook one minute more until peas are thawed.
- Push veggies to one side of skillet.
- Scramble eggs in empty side of skillet after the oleo spreads from veggies.
- Mix eggs into veggies and season with pepper.
- Add soy sauce.
- Then slowly mix in rice by the spoonful until all rice is added and all ingredients are well blended.
- Fry until steamy hot stirring often.
I found this to be an easy to prepare fried rice that went well with Vietnamese Spring Rolls that my wife made. I will, in the future, back off or even eliminate the celery or, perhaps better yet, chop it even finer (I had about 1/8" x 1/8" x 1/8" pieces this time). I think some chopped sugar pea pods would also go rather well with this dish. This dish will be welcome to return to my table.
Easy, tasty recipe! I cut it in half cause I only had 1 1/2 cups of rice. Used 1 egg instead of 1 1/2. Only had a few slices of onion so I added a couple diced garlic cloves. Used canned peas (recommend sticking with the frozen - canned too mushy). Also added diced precooked bacon. This recipe is very adaptable as far as ingredients. It's a definite keeper. Thanks Mona.
Mona, This was indeed VERY easy and it went together so well,I have tried other recipes but they did not mix well.I loved this recipe,Everyting went so smooth and easy I was done and eating it before I knew it,will definitely make this often.Thanks,Darlene Summers