1/1 Photo of Easy Chinese Chicken and Corn Soup
a very quick and easy soup perfect for a Sunday night dinner. One I found in the Sunday Life magazine in The Age newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the stock to the boil in a large saucepan(depending on your taste or needs you may wish to substitute some of the stock for water).
- 2Add chicken breast fillet to the stock, turn the heat off and cover the pain with a lid for 15 minutes.
- 3Remove chicken breast from the stock and leave to cool for a few minutes then shred.
- 4Add corn to stock and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
- 5Combine soy sauce and cornflour into a paste then stir into the soup to thicken slightly.
- 6Add shredded chicken to soup.
- 7Slowly pour beaten eggs into the soup in a steady stream, stirring constantly with a fork.
- 8Serve topped with the sliced spring onions and enjoy!
- 9NB: Cooking time includes the 15 minutes for "poaching" the chicken breast.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chinese Chicken and Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.5
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 103.8 mg
- Sodium 1510.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets