Carrie Ann's Note:
Tender,flavourful meat and crip snow peas, celery and red pepper in a tastey sweet-sour marinade. This is one of my family's favourite dishes that we enjoy with rice or chinese noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean boneless sirloin, trimmed,and cut into 1/4 inch thick strips (partially frozen steak is easier to cut)
- 2 teaspoons peeled minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 lb fresh snow pea pods, ends trimmed and strings removed
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1Combine ginger, orange rind, orange juice, vinegar and soy sauce in a zip-lock bag.
- 2Add meat strips and mix thoroughly with marinade.
- 3Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- 4Remove meat from bag and strain, reserving marinade.
- 5Add cornstarch to marinade and mix thoroughly;set aside.
- 6Spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium-high.
- 7Add meat strips and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- 8Remove from skillet.
- 9Drizzle oil over skillet.
- 10Add snow peas, celery and red pepper, and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- 11Add steak strips and reserved marinade and stir fry for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Beef Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 34.1
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 186.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean boneless sirloin
snow pea pods