Droopy Drawers, By Lucy Lastic's Note:
One of my family's favourite stir fry meals, I normally serve it with steamed or boiled rice. Or for a treat I'll make fried rice. I've never tried it with stir-fry noodles but I'm sure it would turn out fine. I always double the sauce as I love it when the rice soaks it up. But I have written it here as it is in the recipe. From 1001 recipes for pan or wok.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 100 g broccoli (Cut into florets)
- 100 g baby corn
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 1/2 cm piece fresh ginger
- 1 bunch spring onion
- 2 carrots
- 3 tablespoons oil (I normally use olive or grapeseed, as they're all I buy)
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1Bring a wok of water to the boil. Blanch the broccoli and corn in the water for 2 minutes.Drain well.
- 2Cut the chicken into strips, peel and slice the ginger into thin matchsticks. Trim and diagonally slice the spring onions. Peel and cut the carrots into matchsticks.
- 3Wipe the wok with paper towel and heat oil until almost smoking. Add the chicken and stir-fry until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- 4Stir-fry the ginger, spring onions and carrots for 2 minutes. Stir in the broccoli and baby corn, cooking for 1 minute.
- 5Whisk together the sauce ingredients until smooth and well blended. Add to the pan, along with the chicken. Bring to the boil and simmer for a further 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- 6Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy and Yummy Chicken Stir - Fry
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.3
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 336.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets