1/1 Photo of Dry Garlic Spareribs
Posting this for ZWT 2006 Asian region. This is a classic Chinese treatment for Spareribs which can be doubled easily and is so delicious. To purists, this is NOT American style BBQ ribs so don't gasp at the boiling ok? Hehehe. I like to add some red pepper flakes and a little Ginger to the sauce to add a bit of heat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- 2Cut the ribs apart in large or small pieces as you wish; add the spareribs to the boiling water, cover, and allow to simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
- 3While the spareribs are simmering, mix together the sauce ingredients.
- 4Remove the spareribs from the pot.
- 5If you like, set aside the pork broth to use in another recipe; clean out the pot.
- 6Add the sauce ingredients to the pot and bring to a gentle boil; add the spareribs, bring back to a boil, and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dry Garlic Spareribs
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1697.1
- Calories from Fat 938
- Total Fat 104.2 g
- Saturated Fat 37.8 g
- Cholesterol 411.4 mg
- Sodium 1482.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 80.0 g
- Protein 102.1 g