Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a favorite of mine.
Make and share this Crock-Pot Sweet & Sour Tofu recipe from Food.com.
- Press moisture out of the tofu and cut into cubes. Place tofu in a gallon-sized plastic bag with the corn starch. Shake bag to coat tofu.
- Fry tofu in vegetable oil over medium heat until it has a crunchy coating, about 15 minutes on each side.
- Put tofu and vegetables into the Crock-Pot.
- Pour bottle of sweet & sour sauce over the top. Add a tablespoon of water to the "empty" jar. Shake and pour over the top of the tofu & vegetables. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
My family liked this. It was easy to prepare, and made for a great dinner. I used Kikkoman teriyaki garlic and onion sauce instead of the sweet and sour. Thanks for the recipe.
My first crockpot meal was disastrous, so I had hoped this attempt would make up for it... and it did! I used one whole smallish onion, 1/2 green pepper 'cause I'm not too much of a pepper fan, one whole bunch of broccoli, 2 carrots, and the water chestnuts for my veggies. I also used the entire batch of sweet & sour sauce from this recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/Chinese-Style-Chicken-Balls-With-Sweet-and-Sour-Sauce-132546 for the sauce.
Like the idea of sweet and sour tofu. Also liked the idea of cooking tofu in the crock pot. However felt the sauce fell short in the flavor department. Made as written using La Choy brand sweet and sour. If making again would use a stronger sauce or maybe a home made sweet and sour sauce. Thanks for the post.